– Record headline and attributable earnings
– Market recovery for all products
– Record sales volumes of iron and chrome ores
– Excellent contribution from Dwarsrivier
– Full year dividend doubles to R14 per share
Headline earnings for the financial year to 30 June 2017 (2017 or the reporting period) increased by 199% to a record of R5,2 billion, compared to R1,7 billion in the previous financial year (2016). This result was due to increased levels of headline earnings in Assmang Proprietary Limited (Assmang) as well as the exceptionally strong performance of Dwarsrivier Chrome Mine Proprietary Limited (Dwarsrivier), which recorded a net profit of R843 million in its first full year of inclusion in the group’s results (refer “Business acquisition” below).