Taking into account management’s assessment of the risks and opportunities identified under “Risks and opportunities”, the specific Key Performance Objectives (KPIs) for the short and medium term include:
- The commissioning and ramp up to full production of the Wet High Intensity Magnetic Separation (WHIMS) project at Assmang’s Khumani Iron Ore Mine (refer “Operational review and commentary”), which aims to achieve consistently high yields of iron content per ton of ore mined
- Commencing with the construction of the Sakura ferromanganese smelting facility in Sarawak, Malaysia (refer “Operational review and commentary”)
- Proceeding with the preparation for the development of the village pit at Beeshoek Iron Ore Mine which will significantly expand the life of mine (LOM) of the operation
- Increasing the capacity of Assmang’s Gloria and Nchwaning manganese mines and processing plants, improving ore load-out capabilities and with a view to optimally utilise the manganese resources
- Finalising capacity allocation for manganese ores railed from the Northern Cape
- The continued optimisation of alloy production across the group’s ferromanganese and ferrochrome facilities.